Access investment funds via your online banking
If you’re confident in making your own investment decisions, our Global Investment Centre places a wide range of funds at your fingertips.
Global Investment Centre is an online funds platform designed to help you make your own investment decisions. Whether you’re a first-time investor or a seasoned trader, it provides an easy way to research, buy, sell or switch your investments to help you make your money work harder.
You simply open a general investment account or an ISA, then use our research tools to help you make informed decisions about what to invest into and when. Once you’ve invested, you can see the current value and track performance whenever you log on to online banking.
Of course, the value of investments and any income they generate, can go down as well as up, meaning you may get back less than what you invest.
Our Global Investment Centre doesn’t offer any investment advice. If you’re not sure about investing, please seek financial advice.
Are you eligible?
You can open an account if you’re:
- an HSBC personal current or savings account customer (excludes Online Bonus Saver and Fixed Rate Saver)
- a UK resident with a permanent UK residential address
- at least 18 years old
Not an HSBC customer yet?
Features & benefits
Funds designed to meet your goals
- Choose from nearly 400 funds, including index trackers, from 22 leading fund managers
- Start investing with a lump sum of just £100
- Hold your investments in an ISA at no extra cost
Quick and easy to use
- Access via your online banking – no new passwords
- See your trading balance every time you log on
- You can sell your investments to access your money at any time – however you should aim to invest for at least 5 years
What does it cost?
There’s no set-up fee involved, we just charge an annual account fee of 0.25% payable monthly. It’s calculated using the average daily value of the assets held within your account in the previous month.
Fund managers also apply an annual management charge and other expenses which are deducted directly from the fund. Before buying any fund, you’ll see a breakdown of all the charges in the relevant Cost and Charges Disclosure document.
You can find out more about charges in the Global Investment Centre Key Features document and in our terms and conditions, which we’ll ask you to read before you apply.
What funds are available?
You can choose from nearly 400 open-ended investment companies (OEICs) and unit trust funds, including a wide range of index trackers. We offer funds from 21 other leading fund managers, as well as HSBC funds.
After you’ve opened an account, you can use our research tools to find funds to match your financial goals.
For an overview of the full list of funds available: